The Center for New Media offers career-based industry-standard instruction for all aspects of digital design and web development.
A creative and open learning environment where you can design your future by combining individual or career project applications, certificates, and associates degrees with a wealth of specialized courses and faculty all geared toward your success.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College’s Center for New Media has grown to meet the future head-on with a newly constructed, state-of-the-art facility as part of the Arcadia Commons Campus in downtown Kalamazoo.
Apply your imagination on a practical path through the electronic world at the Center for New Media.
The Center for New Media features:
• Eleven classrooms and computer labs operating on both Mac and PC platforms
• Classrooms specifically created for drawing, fine art, photography and videography, 3D animation, web development, and software training
• Several practice and production labs including a print and prepress production lab and a lighting lab
• Five galleries showcasing student artwork, designs, and projects:the Arcus Gallery which displays student work in multimedia and digital stills, complete with six plasma screens and high-tech display areas; the Central, Momentum, South, Upper East Galleries which displays still art, digital and traditional media
• Offices and conference rooms for faculty and student meetings
• ThinkSpace: a designated area to nurture creativity in the approach, application, and management of projects
The Center for New Media offers both traditional 16-week college classes and short, intensive classes in animation, creative and technical writing, digital photography, e-commerce, graphic design, programming, and web/multimedia design and development for both the traditional college student and the professional graphic designer or web developer. We've built a reputation growing the Graphic Communications department from primarily classes teaching layout and graphic design for print-based production. Reacting to the demand for skills needed to get jobs designing and developing web sites we've partnered with other departments at Kalamazoo Valley Community College.